Thursday, May 6, 2010

Attractive


In my photo class we had to take photos of things that are normally repulsive and really gross and then make them attractive. I found this spiderweb on my car and took a picture of it. I view spiderwebs as really gross things. You usually see spiderwebs in dusty rooms or places that have not been cleaned in awhile. I am also very afraid of spiders and think they are also repulsive, so that's why I used this picture. I then used photoshop to make the photo look even more attractive. I used Gaussian Blur to make the web pop even more, and I also messed around with the saturation of the photo. I then used the clone stamp to make the car more of a solid color, and used the blur tool to get rid of some of the distracting rain drops on the car.



This photo I took in the park by my house. Trash is seen as a really disgusting item that people try to get rid of. They don't want to touch it, smell it, or look at it, so they ship it off to a landfill some where away from them. I got really lucky with how the sky looked that day. Even though the trashcan is really gross, and I wouldn't want to touch it, the sky makes it look pretty and turns this normally repulsive picture into a beautiful one. All I did in photoshop was make the trash can a little bit lighter.
:D

1 comment:

  1. I really like the garbage can pic. My eye is drawn to the background first, but then i follow the colors to the white part of the sky, then my eye is at the garbage can. I really like the contrast in the beauty of the sky then to this disgusting, yet attractive, garbage can. Good composition and lighting!

    ReplyDelete