Thursday, May 6, 2010

Repulsive


For this half of the assignment we had to take pictures of generally pretty things and make them gross and ugly. Flowers are normally very pretty objects. The day before I took this photo it had just rained really hard, so these flowers had lost all of their petals and they looked really withered. like they were dieing. In photoshop I played with the saturation to make them look browner and dead looking. I also cropped the photo to make it look more dramatic, and have it more interesting to look at.


My car is kind of old, and it has been used by other people, so it does have some rusty spots on it. Cars are seen as very attractive things to look at normally. My car doesn't look so good in some places, so I took a picture of one of its rusted areas. When I put this photo in photoshop I played with the hues and saturation of the car. I used Gaussian Blur to make the car look darker and have the rust look more vibrant.
:D

1 comment:

  1. I really like the car picture because I didn't really know what it was at first, and even after the explanation, i still couldn't really see how it looked like a car. It looks really gross, and I like how the texture really stands out, and the blue-ish background really helps the red gross stuff stand out. Good job at getting this at an awesome angle! :)

    ReplyDelete